Nigeria’s governing party, the All Progressives Congress, APC has scheduled August 29th, to hold its Kogi and Bayelsa states governorship primary elections.
The APC National Organizing Secretary, Mr. Emma Ibediro revealed this in a press statement which had the schedule of activities leading up to the primary elections for both states outlined in it.
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in Nigeria had earlier released timelines for the conduct of primaries by political parties for the governorship election scheduled to hold on November 16, 2019 in both states.
Mr. Ibediro said the timetable is in line with Nigeria’s Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) guidelines.
Sale of Forms (APC National Secretariat)
Wednesday: 10th July –
Tuesday 20th August, 2019
- Last Day for Submission of Completed Forms (APC National Secretariat): Wednesday 21st August, 2019
- Screening of Aspirants: Thursday 22nd August 2019
- Screening Appeal: Friday 23rd August, 2019
- Primary Election: Thursday 29th August, 2019
- Election Appeal: Monday 2nd September, 2019
PURCHASE OF FORMS
- Expression of Interest – N2,500,000.00
Nomination – N20,000,000.00 Total = N22,500,000.00
- There shall be no separate charge for deputy
- Female Aspirants and Physically Challenged Aspirants pay 50% of the prescribed fees for each position.
- All payments should be made in full directly into the designated bank accounts of the All Progressives Congress.