Barcelona and Neymar have failed to reach an out of court agreement over a €43m renewal bonus.
The issue is in relation to a bonus Neymar signed in 2016 where he was entitled to an initial €14m from the club but was then due a whopping €29m extra on July 31 the following year.
That was in the midst of the player’s transfer to Paris Saint-Germain – which went through days later with the Catalan club not paying out on the extra payment.
The report adds that no settlement has been made so a judge will now make a decision based on over 3,000 pages of evidence.
Neymar flew to the city last month and his father is said to have held a meeting with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu in the hope of settling the dispute outside of court.
However, it is claimed that late demands from the player’s representatives were rejected by the club and totally disrupted the diplomacy, meaning that it will indeed now be heard in front of a judge.
Barcelona are also said to be claiming damages against Neymar from the €14m payment as they believe he breached the agreement, while they are also seeking an extra €8.5m from his camp.
Neymar joined Barca from Santos in 2013 and left for Paris Saint-Germain in a world record €222m deal four years later and he remains in Ligue 1.
It is a somewhat surreal series of events related to Neymar’s time at the Camp Nou, while the Blaugrana were heavily linked with his signing this summer a move that never came to fruition.