Covid-19: Senegal lifts state of emergency

0
198
Senegal has so far confirmed 6698 cases and 108 deaths.

Senegalese President Macky Sall says state of emergency and night-time curfew imposed to curb the spread of coronavirus will be lifted on Tuesday June 30.

The President also announced the resumption of international flights from July 15, but under stringent safety measures.

Mr Sall warned that “the country’s economic growth would be slow from 6.8% to 1.1% or even less, due to the impact of the pandemic.”

Normal activities
He urged people to resume their normal activities to get the economy back on track.

“Civil servants will now work from 08:00 to 17:00 local time, but entertainment spots will remain closed,” the President said.

He added that closure of public markets one day per week for cleaning will continue. Wearing face masks remains mandatory in public spaces, workplaces, public transport and shops.

President Sall is also under two-week quarantine following his contact with an infected person. The quarantine ends next week.

The country has so far confirmed 6698 cases and 108 deaths.

 

Olawunmi Sadiq.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.