President Muhammadu Buhari has constituted an Economic Advisory Council. (EAC).
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina disclosed this in a statement issued on Monday.
He said the Counicl is made up of the following:
- Prof. Doyin Salami – Chairman
- Dr. Mohammed Sagagi – Vice-Chairman
- Prof. Ode Ojowu – Member
- Dr. Shehu Yahaya – Member
- Dr. Iyabo Masha – Member
- Prof. Chukwuma Soludo – Member
- Mr. Bismark Rewane – Member
- Dr. Mohammed Adaya Salisu – Secretary (Senior Special Assistant to the President, Development Policy)
Adesina said: “This advisory council will replace the current Economic Management Team (EMT) and will be reporting directly to the President.
“The Economic Advisory Council (EAC) will advise the President on economic policy matters, including fiscal analysis, economic growth and a range of internal and global economic issues working with the relevant cabinet members and heads of monetary and fiscal agencies.”
He said the EAC will have monthly technical sessions as well as scheduled quarterly meetings with the President.
“The Chairman may, however, request for unscheduled meetings if the need arises,” he added.