Hajj 2019: Gombe airlifts first batch of pilgrims to Saudi Arabia

Rebecca Mu'azu, Gombe

0
537

The first batch of intending Muslim Pilgrims from Gombe state have been airlifted to Saudi Arabia for the 2019 Hajj.

The 560 intending Pilgrims, which are the first among the total 1, 460 pilgrims, took off on Saturday, July 20 from the Lawanti International Airport, Gombe, to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Speaking to journalists in Gombe, the Executive Secretary of the Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board, Alhaji Sa’adu Hassan, said the Pilgrims were to land in Madinah.

Alhaji Hassan said all arrangements had been concluded to receive the intending pilgrims by the National Hajj Commission before proceeding to Makka.

He also announced that the second batch of the Pilgrims would be airlifted on Thursday July 25, while calling on the remaining Pilgrims to be patient and avail themselves for further instructions.

In the meantime, the Amirul Hajj and the Emir of Gombe, Alhaji Abubakar Shehu Abubakar III, advised the Pilgrims to abide by the rules and regulations while in the Holy Land and ensure that practice what they learned during their induction.

Nnenna.O