INEC declares 90% readiness for poll in Cross River

0
153

Imelda Igbobi-Green, Calabar

The Cross River State Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC is 90% ready for Saturday governorship and House of Assembly elections that is coming up in two days, 9th of March, 2019.

The State Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC, Dr. Frankland Briyai, disclosed this in an interview with Voice of Nigeria today, in Calabar, the Capital of Cross River State, South-South, Nigeria.

INEC is about 90% ready, the rest of the 10% is for the deployment of both sensitive and some non-sensitive materials. The non-sensitive materials about 90% of them are already in the various Local Government Areas,” Dr. Frankland Briyai said.

He explained that the commission would start the distribution of sensitive materials from Central Bank of Nigeria, Calabar branch to the 18 Local Government Areas in the state on Thursday the 7th of March 2019.

Lateefah Ibrahim