Tyson Fury says his highly anticipated rematch against world heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, will take place on February 22 next year.
The previous bout between the undefeated pair in Los Angeles last year ended in a controversial draw.
It was Fury’s third fight of the year following more than two years away from boxing, after his world title victory over Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015.
“The Wilder rematch has been confirmed and signed,” said Fury, who was speaking at the Alhambra Theatre in Bradford, UK.
“This time I haven’t been out the ring for a year. This time, I haven’t been abusing too much alcohol, and this time I’m going to knock him out.”
The 30-year-old Fury who stopped German Tom Schwartz in the second round last month, has spoken openly about the mental health battles that forced him to take a prolonged absence from boxing after defeating Ukraine’s Klitschko.
He went into last December’s fight against Wilder, the WBC heavyweight champion, as an underdog, but was left feeling aggrieved not to have won despite being knocked down twice in the ninth and 12th rounds.
“All I know is there’s a signed contract for the rematch,” a spokesperson for Wilder’s promoter Al Haymon said.
“I’m not aware that a definitive date has been set yet. As of now there still isn’t a definitive date for Wilder-Ortiz rematch.”
Wilder, who beat Dominic Breazeale in New York in May, will next face Cuba’s Luiz Ortiz in a rematch of their 2018 fight.